Monday, November 16, 2009

Slightly Stoopid at the Sokol


The Sokol auditorium was packed on Friday the thirteenth. Slightly Stoopid came and put on the biggest local show I've seen since this blog was created. Their alternative style is mixed with reggae lyrics that has a hippie feel and vibe. The crowd was backed from the stage almost to the door.


I met a girl named Katie that said she was from Des Moines and had been following Slightly Stoopid for a couple years now. "I love this band," she said as she raised her beer in the air.


This band has definitely created a following among the local scene.


The crowd drew in a lot of the teenager age range, but the back of the crowd and the people on top of the balcony were still close to my age. I ran into people I hadn't seen in years.


I loved Sublime growing up and a couple of songs that were played reminded me of them. I would have to say that I had the most fun at this show so far. The crowd was friendly and layed back for as crowded as it was. I would see them again if someone wanted to go, but I wouldn't become a follower.


No comments:

Post a Comment