Monday, November 30, 2009

Pizzza, Blues and Country

There's really no specific genre for the Matt Cox Band. Their versatile style is what music lovers want to see in a band, even if the genre doesn't meet their taste. This band has a unique sound to offer, and lead guitar riffs give this band a nice blues feel. Listen to the video on the bottom of my post for a taste.
On Sunday, November 29th, the Matt Cox Band played at the Pizza Shoppe located in the Benson area.
It is always nice to have some pizza before being entertained. My friend Brian and I shared a chicken pizza and a couple lager's before the show.


Inside the stage room connected to the Pizza Shoppe there were bar tables and dinning tables for the audience. There wasn't a huge showing for the band, but families and couples gathered to listen.














The guitar variety that was used helped the music to flow during each song. Some sounded more country and some sounded like the blues. I liked their unique style with country and blues mixed. I'm not a country guy, but the blues made up for it. I didn't even realize it, but I happened to know Seth, the bassist, he dates a mutual friend of ours.


During a break he said that they were missing the keyboard player. This probably would have set up a better blues feel. My friend Brian enjoyed the show and said they had a distinct sound.
I've heard Seth play for a "Doors" cover band this year for a Halloween party at the 906 gallery downtown. Two other band members from the Matt Cox band played as well. That was a fun show, the "Doors" were as versatile as they come, and they covered their songs well.


The Matt Cox Band will be playing at the Pizza Shoppe every Sunday until December 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment